Hong Kong online wine shop





  Home > Red Wine > France > Burgundy >

New!  Domaine de la Cras Bourgogne Montre-Cul 2016
Domaine de la Cras Bourgogne Montre-Cul 2016


 
Our Price: $368.00

Stock Status:(Out of Stock)
Availability:: Usually Ships in 2 to 3 Business Days
Qty:

Description
 
In 2013, the city of Dijon purchased a 160 hectare agricultural property called Domaine de la Cras, located just outside the city limits. An open call for proposals was held to decide who would take over the winemaking - the primary criteria were that the vineyards had to be farmed organically, the winner had to be a young winemaker with no existing family vineyards, and be interested in opening the domaine to the public for educational visits. After Marc Soyard was chosen, he was given free reign to live on-site at the domaine, tend to the vineyards, and produce and sell his own wines - on the condition that he pay a yearly “rent” of 2000 bottles per year to the city of Dijon. Originally from a non-winemaking family in the Jura, Marc worked for six years at Domaine Bizot in Vosne Romanée, as chef de culture (vineyard manager), and also working in the cellar closely with Jean-Yves Bizot to learn the winemaking process. Marc has adapted the same hands-off, natural philosophy to Domaine de la Cras that he learned at Domaine Bizot. All of the vineyards are farmed organically with some biodynamic practices. All vinification is done with natural yeasts, and minimal addition of sulfur.

100% Pinot Noir from the biodynamic 4.5 hectare clay-limestone vineyard of ‘En Bessy’ which sits on the outskirts of the city of Dijon. 70% of the blend is whole cluster which undergoes carbonic maceration, while the remaining 30% is whole cluster pressed. Only natural yeast is used during fermentation. No racking, finining, or filtering. SO2 - minimal added at bottling, minimal use during fermentation and elevage depending on vintage.

Share your knowledge of this product. Be the first to write a review »

Browse for more products in the same category as this item:

Red Wine > France > Burgundy
Red Wine > France
Red Wine
Special Offers > Our Recommendation
Natural Wine
Natural Wine > Red